Monday, November 16, 2009

Finaly Feeling Better!

November 10, 2009

Today I had an appointment with Dr. Shrader which means a trip to Afton WY. The weather was good and I went by myself this time. (Rick had to work and my friend Torri had just had oral surgry and wasn't feeling very well so I didn't even ask her to go with me.) So I listened to a book I have on CD which made the trip seem to go very fast. I am finally feeling better! As of Saturday Nov. 7th Rick said I'm acting like myself again. So I was confident Dr. Shrader will find that I'm doing great. To my surprise that wasn't the case. I took the walk test like I do each time I go there. (The walk test is a 6 min. walk I take and they measure how far I go. It shows how well my lungs and Pulmenary Hypertension is doing.) I thought I did great. I wasn't out of breath when I was finished like I was last time. I was very surprised when Dr. Shrader told me that was the worst I'd ever done. I only went 268 feet. (Last time I went 389 feet.) I told him all about my bout with Swine Flu and complications and he told me I probably wouldn't be totaly back to normal from that for a few more months. I am having a hard time believing how long it's taking to get back to normal. Needless to say because of the problems with the flu there was no way to tell if the Revatio (the new med. he added the last time I saw him) was helping me. So I go back Feb. 8th for another walk test. We might have to totally change my medication for PH if there isn't an improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment