Monday, August 17, 2009

New Bishop and . . . . .

August 17, 2009

On Aug. 9th we got a new Bishop. Our new Bishop is Jeff Cox, 1st Counselor Thomas Yearsley and 2nd Counselor Jim Cotterell. It's always exciting to get a new bishop, but we really feel for the old bishop and his wife, Curtis and Torri Burtenshaw (who are good friends of ours). It's so hard to be released from a calling like that. You feel kind of empty and it's hard to stop worrying about all the people who've meant so much to you for the last 5 years. Change always comes with a new bishop. I'm looking forward to what is to come.

The last few weeks have been spent reorganizing my house. We have moved Advon out of the basement. I now have my whole family room back. It is so nice! The office upstairs now holds what is left of Advon. The Junk room is becoming the guest/sewing room. I'm making a scrapbook area in the family room. The area is all set up I just have to move the scrapbook stuff down there. I'm so excited, I hope to get it done soon so I can use it. After that I will start on the kitchen. Hopefully I'll be able to work on it a little each day. I just don't have enough energy to do too much at one time. I'm so grateful Kirsti came and helped us with the family room. She was only here one day, but I was amazed at how much she got done. She worked 10 hours straight. We had the little trailer overflowing with stuff for the dump. And my garage is full of stuff for a garage sale or DI. I'm also grateful for Torri Burtenshaw who came over and helped me clean out the Junk room. I would of never been able to do it without them.


The last 2 weekends we've helped a little bit cleaning out Rick's Moms house. It has sold and will be closing Aug. 21st. Daniel and Denett have worked so hard in not only getting to sold, but cleaning it. They have done a great job. The house looks really good. We were able to bring the rest of the things Rick gets from his Moms house. It took us two trips with the trailer to our house and one trip to the dump. I'm so glad that is done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment