Monday, August 17, 2009

The Rest of July...

This month a couple in our ward that went on a mission to Russia, the Carlson's, had a lady they baptized and now call their adopted daughter from Russia, Julia Kotsubchik and her 10 year old son Mark, come and spend the month with them. On the 19Th they both spoke in sacrament meeting. Julia speaks excellent English. She teaches English in Russia. First her son bore his testimony, while she translated so we could understand. Wow what an amazing young man!! Then Julia spoke and told us of her conversion and baptism. What a strong testimony she has. She is a very special person. I was amazed by them both. They are the only members in their city of about a half a million people. They had never been in a ward or even seen a ward before. It has been so fun watching them each week in the different class. My heart just went out to them. They were so overwhelmed seeing so many people in one place at the same time that have the same beliefs as they have. On Fast Sunday Aug. 2 (The last Sunday they would be here.) Julia bore her testimony in Relief Society. She said "Giving makes living more loving". I loved that statement so much I had to write it down. I don't want to forget it. She was so grateful for the sisterhood she felt in our RS meetings and just being with us each week. She was grateful for the strength she felt from each of us. She said she could now go home and know she had her Shelley 7Th Ward sisters. Then she said she would be praying for us. I was amazed by that statement, yet very grateful. I just had to go up to her afterwards and let her know I would never forget her and would be praying for her. I know she is raising one of the future church leaders of Russia. I think of her often and hope I'll be able to see her again someday.

On the 25Th I was able to go to the "Preparedness Store" in Idaho Falls and take a wheat class. I learned to make whole wheat bread (got amazing recipes), cinnamon rolls, pizza crust, bread sticks and pancakes. Everything was made with the Boshe Mixer and the pancakes were made with the blender attachment. I was amazed at how fast and easy it was. I can hardly wait to get my kitchen dejunked and reorganized so I can bring the Boshe Mixer I got from Ricks Mom. It's going to be so fun to use!!

No comments:

Post a Comment