Monday, August 17, 2009

Lineberry's House Aug. 6 - 8, 2009

We spent a couple days in Boise. We wanted to see Tommy's new apartment plus spend some time with my sister. We had a really fun time even though the weather was the coldest in has ever been in Boise in August. It rained most of the time. The high was 54 degrees all day at Becky's house on Friday the 7th.

We arrived just in time for dinner on Thursday the 6th. My sister is a really good cook and I love eating her food. We visited and watched a movie til bed time.

On Friday the day started out with a family breakfast. Clark, Todd and his girlfriend, Derrek and his girlfriend, Tommy and Sam, Rick and I, plus Becky and Scott were all there. It was fun meeting everyone's girlfriends and just being together as a family. Unfortunately the photo's I took of the breakfast didn't turn out so you can't see everyone. Darn! But the food was delisious and we had fun visiting.

Next we took Tom and Sam to Wahooz (a family fun center). We played arcade games for a few hours. We were hoping it would quit raining so we could play some miniture golf, but it just didn't happen. I think lazer tag was played a couple of times, plus Rick and Tommy played on the bumper boats once and yes it was raining. We grabbed some lunch and went to see Tommy and Derek's new apartment. Wow is it big!! They live in a duplex near downtown Boise. It was a nice apartment close to BSU and it cost less a month then they were paying before. I was glad to see where he lives, but he really needs to spend some time cleaning and oraganizing. I know I taught him how to clean. I don't know how Derek can stand having a messy roommate. At least Derek's cleaning was done.

We went out to Iggy's for dinner with Becky and Scott. They had never been there before. It was good food and better company and of course lots of visiting. Never too much visiting.

On Saturday we went to Emmet to a flea market. The drive was beautiful. I'd never been there before. After the flea market we went to find apricots for Becky and then got a snack. We did a lot more visiting. I love being with my sister!! I wish she lived closer. We had a early dinner so we could leave to come home. We wanted to be home by Sunday, because we are getting a new bishop.

Our drive home seemed long. We went through 2 really bad rain storms. It wasn't raining when we got home, but the weather was cool. I'm so grateful to my Mom for staying at our house and watching the dog and cats so we can go away every once and a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment