Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

Jan. 4 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! It is going to take me a while to get used to the 2010 thing. I'll probably just get used to it and then it will be 2011.

We spent new years eve with the Burtenshaws playing games and eating goodies. We really had a fun time. Nicole and Scott (Torri & Curtis' daughter and son in-law) were there too. Scott even played games with us which made it even more fun. (Scott doesn't like to play games very much.) Thanks Scott! At midnight we watched the ball drop in Times Square and yelled HAPPY NEW YEAR! (Unfortunately I didn't remember to take my camera so got no photo's. Maybe next year!) Since it was way passed our bedtime we went home and were in bed by 12:30. One of my favorite ways to spend New Years Eve.

Yesterday, the first Sunday of the year, we started church at 9 am. It sure was hard getting up early, but I do like the early schedule better. It will be nicer once I get used to getting up and not sleeping in on Sundays. We also started teaching the "Marriage and Family Relations Class" again. That was our church calling a couple years ago and we were never released from that calling before we were given the ones we now have (High Priest Group Leaders 1st counselor and Visiting Teaching Coordinator). Unfortunately our new Bishop remembered that and so now we are teaching that class again in Sunday School, along with everything else. When I told my Mom we were teaching that class again she laughed so hard I thought she might fall off her chair. (That was my reaction when they originally called us to teach the class.) There must be something I need to learn that I'm just not getting from this class. I sure hope I get it this time through. I did ask the Bishop if Rick and I were going to be the eternal "Marriage and Family Relations Class" teacher. He laughed about that but never answered me. I hope he's actually not considering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment