Sunday, May 31, 2009

Quick Update

The last 2 days have been very busy for us. Friday we helped move Rick's Mom to a new room at the Gables. She had a larger room and she said she just had too much wasted space that she didn't use and wanted a smaller room. So Danette, Dans wife, took her on Wednesday to buy a smaller bed and bedding. Then Friday we moved her into room 3. It took us about 2 and 1/2 hours which was longer than I thought it would. And it was sooo... hot. It's a lot smaller room, but with her new twin bed everything fit just fine. Yvonne was very happy with her new room, but Babe (her cat) was a whole different story. Let's just say it's going take Babe a couple of weeks to get used to it. She was not happy about it at all.

At the same time we were moving Yvonne my Mom was having trouble with her Swamp Cooler. She wanted Rick to come look at it and fix it. Like I said it was HOT and when the cooler isn't working her mobile home becomes a oven. If any of you know Rick, unless it was something supper easy to fix (which Mom could do herself) he couldn't fix it. She called me at 4:30pm to tell me this, so I got on the phone trying to find someone that could go over and fix it for her. By the time I found someone it was after 5pm and unless she wanted to wait until Monday it would cost extra because it was after hours. I knew it couldn't wait til Monday so $188 and a couple hours later it was fixed. It wasn't anything major, just a clogged intake valve, but Rick couldn't of fixed it, mainly because he wouldn't of been able to figure why the water wasn't flowing like it should. Mom wasn't too happy about having to spend the money, but what could we do. Too bad Scott (Becky's husband) lives so far away, he can fix just about anything.

Our Stake is focusing on every member having a 3 month supply of food, water and other supplies. So yesterday our Ward had a Super Saturday! We canned things like wheat, rice, dry milk, potato flakes, beans, etc. It was fun even thought it was still hot. Everyone helped each other until everyone was done canning the things they wanted. We canned 100 lbs. wheat, 50 lbs. dry milk, and 75 lbs. rice. We brought it home and added it to our supply of food we've been gathering the last few months in our garage. One of these next weekends we have to get the shelves we bought last year at the State Fair put together so we can move it all to our storage room in our basement.

We did do something fun last night. We went to a movie! It's been a long time since we've done that. We saw the second "Night at the Museum". We enjoyed it. It probably wasn't as good as the first one, but it was better than I thought it would be.

1 comment:

  1. You are a very busy lady!! And a very good son and daughter ;) Good job on your canning!! I was so glad to hear them announce Sunday that they were going to be doing it again in September, give me some time to save up for it!! Glad to hear about the movie...I've been wondering about it! It's at the drive in and I thnk we'll take the kids!! Also looks like you had a good trip to Utah! Kristi's house looks great! And I've been smiling about your mom and her "frolicing" so I went back a few posts and sure enough there she was in her Bear Hug jammies, "frolicing"!! That is too cute! Have a great night!! Oh and I added you to my friends list!!

    P.S. ~ do you want to scedule visiting teaching this month? I can pretty much go anytime now since the kids are home! Just let me know! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete