Friday, February 19, 2010

February

Feb. 1 - 19, 2010

It seems like I've been really busy, but I really have to stop and think just what it is that I've done. So here goes....

Feb. 1st
Went to our Empty Nester's Family Home Evening Group. Had a wonderful time! Always do with that group. The group discussion was on Joseph Smith. I learned so much that I didn't already know. Just made me appreciate all he did even more. What a great man and prophet.

Feb. 5Th & 6Th
Made my first batch of whole wheat bread with Mom Jensen's Bosch Mixer. (It's now my mixer.) I also ground my own wheat into flour using my Mom's (now mine) wheat grinder. It was the best bread I've ever eaten. It took 3 hours to grind enough wheat to make the bread. I was surprised at that. Didn't think it would take so long. (The newer grinders don't.) Then Torri (my friend) and I went to a wheat bread demo. at the Preparedness Store in Idaho Falls. I always learn something new when I go to that demonstration. Next time I make bread it will be even better.

Feb. 8th
Today Rick and I went to Star Valley to see Dr. Shrader. (He is my pulmonologist.) We mad a stop at Gale Izatt's house to drop some things off and had a quick but good visit. She is a special lady. Then on to lunch at "Juan's Taco Shack". They have really good food. Then on to my appointment. I took my 6 min. walk test and did better than last time. Not back up to my normal, but getting there. Dr. Shrader thinks all is going well with my Pulmonary Hypertension and I am finally getting over the Swine Flu, but my Asthma doesn't seem to be under control. So he changed my asthma meds. and we will see what happens. I just had to take photo's of Dr. Shrader and his nurse Suzie. They have helped me so much. I'm sure I would not still be here today if not for Dr. Shrader. I hope he never retires. At least not as long as I'm still alive.





Feb. 9th - 19th
I had my anual appointment with Dr. Erikson. I have a numb spot on one of my feet so he sent me to see a physical therapist. Come to find out I am having back problems that is pinching a nerve to my foot. Since seeing Dr. Erikson I've seen the Physical Therapist 3 times. She has also found that sometime in my life I have really damaged my tail bone. So she is working on relaxing muscles, breaking up scare tissue and trying to get my vertebra lined up. When I leave her office I feel like I've been beat up. I look like I have been too. You should see my bruises. I am not looking forward to going back, but I am looking forward to getting things fixed. Looks like I will be seeing her 2 times a week for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment