Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy B' Day America

July 4, 2009

I love Independence Day!! I have been thinking the last few weeks how lucky I am to live here in the United States of America. I am so grateful for the freedoms I enjoy! I'm also worried that we are slowly loosing those freedoms. We need to read and study the Constitution often, so we will know when our government is doing things that are unconstitutional. We need to call, write to, or e-mail our Senators and Congressmen so they know how we, the people, feel about what they are doing. We need to be a moral people and elect honest moral people to represent us. If we don't we will loose our freedoms.

Today was a busy day. We started out by going to the parade in Idaho Falls. I love parades. I've included photos of my favorite parts of the parade. Then we came home and did yard work. The weather was odd today. The morning was sunny and beautiful. Then when we got home (to do the yard work), we had a really big thunder and rain storm. I was starting to think maybe it wouldn't stop in time for the fireworks. And yes we did the yard work in the rain. We did stop for the lightening though. At about 7:30 we headed to Idaho Falls and had dinner at the Outback. At about 9:00 we got our chairs out of the car and found a great place to see the fireworks. I have never been that close to the fireworks. This was the first year I've actually seen the ground ones they set off. At 10:00 pm we cranked up the radio and enjoyed the show. It was absolutely amazing! I can hardly wait to see it next year. I've included some photos of the fireworks. I was just messing around with my camera to see what would happen. They would of been better if I would of had a tripod. But I included them anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment