Tuesday, April 7, 2009

General Conference Weekend

On Friday we were busy trying to get everything done so we could just sit and watch conference. We met the Burtenshaws at WinCo trying to do the same.

We really enjoyed conference as we usually do. We were both taking notes on all the talks, because Monday is our Empty Nester FHE group and we are supposed to share our favorite parts of conference. (We meet once a month.) Taking notes is both good and bad. It's good because you are really listening and trying to remember what is being said. It's bad because as I am writing things down (I must write too slow) I'm missing other things. The major theme seemed to be as Elder Allen Packer of the Seventy put it "These are the days when prophies are being fulfilled". I need to do much better in my temple attendance. One of my favorite quotes was from Gary E. Stevenson of the Seventy "You are never lost when you can see the temple". I really need to go over my budget and work harder on sticking to it. I need to learn to say as Elder Robert D. Hales told us "We can't afford it, even if we need it and/or We don't need it even, if we can afford it". One of Rick's favorite quotes was from Elder Hales "The 3 most important words are I love you and the 4 most important words are We can't afford it". My whole problem is figuring out what my true needs are. I loved Elder D. Todd Christoferson's talk on being good Christians. I also enjoyed Elder M. Russell Ballard's talk on learning from the passed and I loved when President Monson said "Fear not and be of good cheer your future is as bright as your faith". I don't think I've ever really understood Christ suffering on the cross and why God had to withdraw his spirit from Jesus until I heard Elder Hollands talk. It was all amazing. I can hardly wait for the Ensign so I read and reread the talks again. Rick's favorite session was the Priesthood session and his favorite quote came from that session. He can't remember who said it, but it was " Young men look to the future, because they have no passed. Old men look to the passed, because they have no future".

I'm really looking forward to Easter! The Izatt's will be here to help celebrate. I always love being with my granddaughters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment